18 people hospitalized after eating “top Waakye” in Asante Akyem South


Eighteen people from Atwedie in Asante Akyem South have been hospitalized after consuming Waakye suspected to be contaminated with a poisonous substance.

According to reports, the affected individuals had eaten the “waakye,” which is sold by a woman in the community.

Subsequent investigations revealed that the stew added to the food she sold had been poisoned.

According to reports, the individuals in the community who purchased the contaminated food began experiencing severe stomach aches with diarrhea and one person even required surgery.

The woman who sold the food also suffered from these painful symptoms and had to be admitted to the hospital.

some individuals have stated that they do not believe the food vendor is responsible for this incident. They suspect her landlord due to their bad relationship.


Credit: Getrude Konadu Dwomoh

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.